- About Us
- Our Services
- Our Products
- Our Clients
- Purchase Online Tests
- Training Workshops
- Contact Us
- (08) 9362 2036
- (08) 9362 5546
Richmond Fellowship of NSW
The Richmond Fellowship of NSW and our program partner Greater Western Area Health Service have historically invested in cultural awareness training, however, in terms of evidence...
The Office for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health (OATSIH) NSW has engaged Indigenous Psychological Services based on their extensive experience in the sector and unique...
State Forensic Mental Health Services WA
“We had the opportunity to engage IPS in completing a cultural security audit for our organisation. The final report submitted by IPS for this project was...
Department of Health and Ageing, WA
In my role as Director of Health Branch (including OATSIH) in the WA Office and working with IPS I was impressed with the professional nature of...
Life Without Barriers, South Australia
At Life Without Barriers we were honoured to have been able to provide to our senior management team in South Australia...
This two day workshop has EVIDENCE of improving the Aboriginal Mental Health Cultural Competencies of participants.
- ACCREDITATION in FOUR mental health screening tools developed specifically for Aboriginal people including the Westerman Aboriginal Symptom Checklist - Youth aged 13-17 (WASC-Y) & Westerman Aboriginal Symptom Checklist - Adults (WASC-A).
- Cultural translation of counselling & therapeutic interventions - how to ensure effective engagement, service uptake and treatment.
- Assessing the difference between cultural and mental illness including:
- The impact of cultural identity in mental health assessment: Applied Case examples;
- Trauma and how it manifests in Aboriginal people: an introduction to culture stress as trauma;
- Addressing trauma from forcible removal and how to prevent intergenerational trauma;
- Understanding cultural grief and determining the normalcy of spiritual visits;
- Understanding self harm and cultural factors in assessment and treatment;
- Culture-bound depression AND MUCH MORE...
Current Workshop Locations and Dates BOOK NOW FOR EARLY BIRD PRICING!
A discount is available when purchasing both the Mental Health Assessment of Aboriginal Clients 2 Day Workshop and the Suicide Prevention in Aboriginal Communities 1.5 Day Workshop. Visit the Training Workshops information page.