- About Us
- Our Services
- Our Products
- Our Clients
- Purchase Online Tests
- Training Workshops
- Contact Us
- (08) 9362 2036
- (08) 9362 5546
Richmond Fellowship of NSW
The Richmond Fellowship of NSW and our program partner Greater Western Area Health Service have historically invested in cultural awareness training, however, in terms of evidence...
The Office for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health (OATSIH) NSW has engaged Indigenous Psychological Services based on their extensive experience in the sector and unique...
State Forensic Mental Health Services WA
“We had the opportunity to engage IPS in completing a cultural security audit for our organisation. The final report submitted by IPS for this project was...
Department of Health and Ageing, WA
In my role as Director of Health Branch (including OATSIH) in the WA Office and working with IPS I was impressed with the professional nature of...
Life Without Barriers, South Australia
At Life Without Barriers we were honoured to have been able to provide to our senior management team in South Australia...
This one-and-a-half day training is based on large scale (population) research which means that it is based on evidence regarding the different risk and protective factors that exist for suicidal behaviours in Aboriginal people. It is the only program in Australia specifically developed for Aboriginal people and on empirical evidence.
- Dr Westerman has been recognised as a world leader in Aboriginal suicide prevention as a result of her unique approach to this highly complex and challenging area.
- Participants will walk away with a unique and practical understanding of the following:
- How to engage effectively with a suicidal Aboriginal client;
- How to translate differences in the nature of Aboriginal suicide into effective intervention strategies for the individual and communities;
- Cultural engagement skills and effective individual and community interventions;
- Translating the different risk factors into a unique Suicide Risk Assessment Tool; and MUCH more...
Current Workshop Locations and Dates BOOK NOW FOR EARLY BIRD PRICING!
Perth - 20 & 21 November OVER HALF FULL - HURRY TO REGISTER!
A discount is available when purchasing both the Mental Health Assessment of Aboriginal Clients 2 Day Workshop and the Suicide Prevention in Aboriginal Communities 1.5 Day Workshop. Visit the Training Workshops information page.